POCKET SIZE BOOKS ARE BACK IN STOCK.
Pay on-line for a single book, use: Quick Pay.
News: The Pocket
Guide to Urology was ranked in the top 3 most useful educational
(alongside Campbell's Urology and the AUA Self Assessment
Study Program) by residents in the Mid-Atlantic Section.
Guide to Urology - 4th Edition
the first edition
was released in
1999, the Pocket Guide to Urology has become one of the most popular
urology texts. Over 30,000 copies of the Pocket Guide to Urology have
distributed worldwide (over 35 countries on 6 continents). It is
being translated into Chinese for distribution throughout China. The
edition is currently for sale.
The 4th edition of the Pocket
to Urology is a comprehensive evidence-based reference book that
clinical guidelines, consensus statements, and landmark
is compiled and is
presented in a thorough, organized, and logical format.
Each chapter contains detailed references.
The 4th edition of the Pocket
Guide to Urology contains a plethora of new information.
It has 538
pages and contains the following
& Other Pediatric Renal Tumors
Upper Tract Urothelial Tumors
Tumor Markers for Urothelial Cancer
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
Strictures of the Lower Urinary Tract
Strictures of the Upper Urinary
Urodynamics & Bladder
Incontinence: General Concepts
Urge Incontinence &
Stress Incontinence in the Female
Incontinence in the Male
Emergent Urologic Conditions
Infections: General Concepts
Lower Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract Infections
Tuberculosis & Malacoplakia
Principles for the
Use of Intestine in the
Doses of Commonly
Formulas and Conversions
Progress on the 5th Edition
cancer - added abiratrone, enzalutamide, sipuleucel-T, docetaxel, cabazitaxel, denosumab for mets,
zoledronic acid, Radium-223 (alpharadin), mitoxantrone, PIVOT trial, more randomized trials comparing
treatments, 2012 American Brachytherapy Society Guidelines for
permanent and HDR
screening guidelines, AUA 2013 guideline for castration resistant
ASTRO/AUA 2013 guideline for XRT after prostatectomy, NCCN 2013 guidelines,
molecular markers (PTEN, ERG, ConfirmMDx), ductal
prostate cancer, technique for seminal vesicle biopsy,
atypical adenomatous hyperplasia (AAH), atypical small acinar
● Androgen deprivation - AUA/ACS/AUA advisory on androgen deprivation and carediovascular risk,
National Osteoporosis Foundation Guidelines, denosumab for
osteoporosis, microsurges on an LHRH agonist
● Renal Tumors - added NCCN 2012 guidelines, axitinib, EORTC
30904 update, added tumor thrombus section,
and many other updates.
● Upper tract tumors - added Lynch syndome, aristolochia (cause of Balkan nephropathy).
● Hematuria - 2012 AUA guidelines for microhematuria.
● Uroliothiasis - treatment and prevention of catheter encrustation.
● UTI General Concepts - IDSA 2009 catheter associated UTI guidelines
● Lower urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute cystitis
● Upper urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute pyelonephritis
● STDs - added 2010 CDC guidelines and 2012 CDC gonorrhea update,
STD screening, STD prevention,
condom types and failure rates.
● Male Infertility - added 2012 AUA Vasectomy guideline, added 2010 AUA Best practice polices for infertility
Dysfunction - added 2012 American Heart Association statement on sex and cardiac disease,
Princeton 3 Consensus on ED and cardiac disease, complications of penile prosthesis
● Surgical principles - 2012 update of AUA antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines, updated mechanical bowel prep
studies to include urologic data.
● Overactive bladder - added mirabegron, 2012 AUA/SUFU guideline, 4th
international consultation on
incontinence, onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox), permiability glycoprotein pump and its impact on CNS
● BPH - added cialis.
● Embryology - added Tourneux's fold, Rathke's plicae, Bochdalek's
foramen, Horseshoe kidney,
● Imaging - endorectal MRI (dynamic contrast enhancement, diffusion
weighted images, spectroscopy),
● Fungal Infections - cystitis, pyelonephritis, fungus balls, 2009 IDSA guidelines
Many other updates throughout the book
I am currently developing an iphone/ipad version. I hope to have it ready by early or mid 2014.
Urology, Fourth Edition - Copyright 2010 by Jeff A. Wieder.
All rights reserved.
This website was last updated July 6, 2013.