We are SOLD OUT of the 4th edition pocket size guides.
We will be unable to
ship Syllabus size 4th edition from 7/30/14 to 8/12/14. You can
purchase a syallbus size guide, but it will not ship until after
There will be no pocket size guides available until the 5th edition is
released (5th edition release date estimated to be October 2014).
I am NOT taking preorders for the 5th edition - so do not place an order for the 5th editon until it is officially released. Thank You.
Pay on-line for a single book, use: Quick Pay.
News: The Pocket
Guide to Urology was ranked in the top 3 most useful educational
(alongside Campbell's Urology and the AUA Self Assessment
Study Program) by residents in the Mid-Atlantic Section.
Guide to Urology - 4th Edition
the first edition
was released in
1999, the Pocket Guide to Urology has become one of the most popular
urology texts. Over 30,000 copies of the Pocket Guide to Urology have
distributed worldwide (over 35 countries on 6 continents). It is
being translated into Chinese for distribution throughout China. The
edition is currently for sale.
The 4th edition of the Pocket
to Urology is a comprehensive evidence-based reference book that
clinical guidelines, consensus statements, and landmark
is compiled and is
presented in a thorough, organized, and logical format.
Each chapter contains detailed references.
The 4th edition of the Pocket
Guide to Urology contains a plethora of new information.
It has 538
pages and contains the following
& Other Pediatric Renal Tumors
Upper Tract Urothelial Tumors
Tumor Markers for Urothelial Cancer
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
Strictures of the Lower Urinary Tract
Strictures of the Upper Urinary
Urodynamics & Bladder
Incontinence: General Concepts
Urge Incontinence &
Stress Incontinence in the Female
Incontinence in the Male
Emergent Urologic Conditions
Infections: General Concepts
Lower Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract Infections
Tuberculosis & Malacoplakia
Principles for the
Use of Intestine in the
Doses of Commonly
Formulas and Conversions
Progress on the 5th Edition
cancer - added abiratrone, enzalutamide, sipuleucel-T, docetaxel, cabazitaxel, denosumab for mets,
zoledronic acid, Radium-223 (alpharadin), mitoxantrone, PIVOT trial, more randomized trials comparing
treatments, 2012 American Brachytherapy Society Guidelines for
permanent and HDR
screening guidelines, AUA 2013 guideline for castration resistant
ASTRO/AUA 2013 guideline for XRT after prostatectomy, NCCN 2014 guidelines,
molecular markers (ERG, ConfirmMDx, etc.), ductal
prostate cancer, technique for seminal vesicle biopsy,
atypical adenomatous hyperplasia (AAH), atypical small acinar
● Androgen deprivation - AUA/ACS/AUA advisory on androgen deprivation and carediovascular risk,
National Osteoporosis Foundation Guidelines, denosumab for
osteoporosis, microsurges on an LHRH agonist
● Renal Tumors - added NCCN 2014 guidelines, axitinib, EORTC
30904 update, added tumor thrombus section,
and many other updates.
● Upper tract tumors - added Lynch syndome, aristolochia (cause of Balkan nephropathy).
● Penile Cancer - added the ICUD-SUI 2010 guidelines, more detail on
inguinal node dissection.
● Hematuria - 2012 AUA guidelines for microhematuria.
● Uroliothiasis - treatment and prevention of catheter encrustation, EAU 2013 guidelines on urolithiasis
● UTI General Concepts - IDSA 2009 catheter associated UTI guidelines
● Lower urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute cystitis
● Upper urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute pyelonephritis
● STDs - added 2010 CDC guidelines and 2012 CDC gonorrhea update,
STD screening, STD prevention,
condom types and failure rates.
● Male Infertility - added 2012 AUA Vasectomy guideline, added 2010 AUA Best practice polices for infertility
Dysfunction - added avanfil, 2012 American Heart Association statement on sex and cardiac disease,
Princeton 3 Consensus on ED and cardiac disease, complications of penile prosthesis, updated Peyronie's
section, EAU 2013 guidelines on penile curvature
● Surgical principles - 2012 update of AUA antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines, updated mechanical bowel prep
studies to include urologic data.
● Overactive bladder - added mirabegron, 2012 AUA/SUFU guideline, 4th
international consultation on
incontinence, onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox), permiability glycoprotein pump and its impact on CNS
● BPH - added cialis, 2010 AUA BPH guidelines, and other updates.
● Embryology - added Tourneux's fold, Rathke's plicae, Bochdalek's
foramen, Horseshoe kidney,
● Imaging - endorectal MRI (dynamic contrast enhancement, diffusion
weighted images, spectroscopy),
● Trauma - added revised AAST grading of renal trauma, 2013 EAU guidelines, 2014 AUA guidelines
● Lower urinary tract strictures - added the ICUD 2014 guidelines.
● Priapism - added the ICUD 2013 guidelines (from ICUD on sexaul
dysfunction), updated shunt info.
● Vesicoureteral reflux - added AUA 2010 guidelines, bowel-bladder
● Fungal Infections - cystitis, pyelonephritis, fungus balls, 2009 IDSA guidelines
● Hypogonadism - mulitple guidelines, hormonal axis diagram, primary and secondary hypogonadism,
diagnosis and treatment.
Many other updates throughout the book.
I hope to havethe 5th edition ready by August 2014.
Urology, Fourth Edition - Copyright 2010 by Jeff A. Wieder.
All rights reserved.
This website was last updated April 10, 2014.