NOTICE 1: We
ran out of pocket size books (but should have more in stock by early
June). If you place an order for a pocket size book now, your book will
be shipped when we get them in stock. Sorry for
NOTICE 2: We
will be unable to ship any books from June 18, 2015 through June 28, 2015. Any
orders placed during those dates will be shipped on June 29, 2015. Sorry for
Pay on-line for
a single book with Quick Pay.
Guide to Urology - 5th Edition
the first edition
was released in
1999, the Pocket Guide to Urology has become one of the most popular
urology texts. Over 34,000 copies of the Pocket Guide to Urology have
distributed worldwide (over 45 countries on 6 continents). The 5th
edition is currently for sale.
The 5th edition of the Pocket
to Urology is a comprehensive evidence-based reference book that
clinical guidelines, consensus statements, and landmark
is compiled and is
presented in a thorough, organized, and logical format.
Each chapter contains detailed references.
The 5th edition of the Pocket
Guide to Urology contains a plethora of new information (see what is new).
It has 620
pages and contains the following
& Other Pediatric Renal Tumors
Upper Tract Urothelial Tumors
Tumor Markers for Urothelial Cancer
Specific Antigen (PSA)
Incontinence: General Concepts
Urge Incontinence &
Stress Incontinence in the Female
Incontinence in the Male
Strictures of the Lower Urinary Tract
of the Upper Urinary
Infections: General Concepts
Lower Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract Infections
& Prostate Infections
Principles for the
Use of Intestine in the
Doses of Commonly
Formulas and Conversions
Updates in the 5th Edition
● Renal Tumors - added NCCN 2014 guideline, AUA 2013 follow up
guideline, EAU 2014 guideline, axitinib,
30904 update, tumor thrombus section, and many other updates.
● Bladder Tumors - added EAU 2014 guidelines, 2nd International
Consultation on Bladder Cancer 2012,
NCCN 2014 guideline, PUNLMP, small cell carcinoma, narrow band imaging,
and many other updates.
● Upper Tract Urothelial Tumors -
added NCCN 2014 guideline, EAU 2014 guideline, Lynch syndome,
aristolochia (cause of Balkan nephropathy), and many other updates.
● Penile Tumors - added the ICUD-SUI 2010 guidelines, NCCN 2014
guideline, EAU 2014 guideline,
more detail on
inguinal node dissection, dynamic sentinel node biopsy, and other
Tumors - added International Consultation on Testicular Cancer
2011, NCCN 2014 guideline,
EAU 2011 guideline, and other updates.
cancer - added abiratrone, enzalutamide, sipuleucel-T, docetaxel,
cabazitaxel, denosumab for mets,
zoledronic acid, Radium-223 (alpharadin), mitoxantrone, PIVOT trial,
more randomized trials comparing
treatments, 2012 American Brachytherapy Society Guidelines for
permanent and HDR
screening guidelines, AUA 2013 guideline for castration resistant
ASTRO/AUA 2013 guideline for XRT after prostatectomy, NCCN 2014
molecular markers (ERG, ConfirmMDx, etc.), ductal
prostate cancer, technique for seminal vesicle biopsy,
atypical adenomatous hyperplasia (AAH), atypical small acinar
● Androgen deprivation - AUA/ACS/AUA advisory on androgen
deprivation and cardiovascular risk,
National Osteoporosis Foundation Guidelines, denosumab for
osteoporosis, microsurges on LHRH agonist.
● BPH - added cialis, 2010 AUA BPH guidelines, Urolift, and other
● Urge Incontinence & Overactive bladder - added mirabegron, 2014
AUA/SUFU guideline, 4th
consultation on incontinence, EAU 2014 guideline, onabotulinumtoxinA
(Botox), permiability glycoprotein pump
and its impact on CNS
toxicity, and other updates.
● Stress Incontinence - added EAU 2014 guideline, many minor updates.
● Hematuria - 2012 AUA guidelines for microhematuria.
● Uroliothiasis - EAU 2014 guideline, AUA 2014 medical management
guideline, treatment and prevention of
catheter encrustation, arrythmia with ESWL, potential renal acid load,
and many other updates.
● Strictures of the Lower Urinary Tract - added International
Consulation on Urethral Strictures 2014,
blood supply to urethra and scrotum, and many minor updates.
● Imaging & Radiology - added endorectal MRI (dynamic contrast
spectroscopy), NaF-18 PET/CT, and minor updates.
● Embryology - added Tourneux's fold, Rathke's plicae, Bochdalek's
foramen, Horseshoe kidney,
● Vesicoureteral reflux - added AUA 2010 guidelines, bowel-bladder
Dysfunction - added avanfil, 2012 American Heart Association
statement on sex and cardiac disease,
Princeton 3 Consensus on ED and cardiac disease, details on
complications from penile prosthesis,
extensive update Peyronie's of section, Xiaflex, EAU 2013 guidelines on
● Male Infertility - added 2012 AUA
Vasectomy guideline, added 2010 AUA Best practice polices for
extensive update of flow diagrams, WHO 2010 manual for semen
examination & processing of semen.
● Priapism - added the ICUD 2013 guidelines (from ICUD on sexual
dysfunction), updated shunt info, revised
and clarified flow diagram.
● Genoturinary Trauma - added revised AAST grading of renal trauma,
EAU guideline, 2014 AUA guideline
● GU Infections: General Concepts - added IDSA 2009 catheter associated
● Lower urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute cystitis.
● Upper urinary tract infections - added 2010 IDSA/ESCMID guidelines
for acute pyelonephritis.
● STDs - added 2010 CDC guidelines and 2012 CDC gonorrhea update,
STD screening, STD prevention,
condom types and failure rates.
● Surgical principles - 2012 update
of AUA antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines, updated mechanical bowel prep
studies to include urologic data.
●Fungal Infections - cystitis,
pyelonephritis, fungus balls, 2009 IDSA guidelines.
● Hypogonadism - multiple guidelines, hormonal
axis diagram, primary and secondary hypogonadism,
diagnosis and treatment.
Urology, Fifth Edition - Copyright 2014 by Jeff A. Wieder.
All rights reserved.
This website was last updated October 1, 2014.