On-line ordering for the 6th Edition is now available!
The pocket size & syllabus size guides are in stock.
Pay on-line for
a single book with Quick Pay.
Info on 6 edition: The 6th edition is available in print form. The
6th edition is 150 pages longer then the previous edition. It now has
754 pages of urology content. The book became too thick to be managed
effectively as a single volume using a spiral binding. So, the book has been separated into 2 volumes: oncology and non-oncology (each volume is spiral bound). When you purchase the book, you receive volumes 1 & 2 (the volumes are not sold separately).
are no new chapters, but here have been updates/additions to almost
every chapter. For a brief list of the updates, see below.
Guide to Urology - 6th Edition
the first edition
was released in
1999, the Pocket Guide to Urology has become one of the most popular
urology texts. Nearly 50,000 copies of the Pocket Guide to Urology have
distributed worldwide (over 50 countries on 6 continents). The 6th
edition is currently for sale.
The 6th edition of the Pocket
to Urology is a comprehensive evidence-based reference book that
clinical guidelines, consensus statements, and landmark
is compiled and is
presented in a thorough, organized, and logical format.
Each chapter contains detailed references.
The 6th edition of the Pocket
Guide to Urology contains a plethora of new information (see what is new).
It has 754
pages and contains the following
& Other Pediatric Renal Tumors
Upper Tract Urothelial Tumors
Tumor Markers for Urothelial Cancer
Specific Antigen (PSA)
Incontinence: General Concepts
Urge Incontinence &
Stress Incontinence in the Female
Incontinence in the Male
Strictures of the Lower Urinary Tract
of the Upper Urinary
Infections: General Concepts
Lower Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract Infections
& Prostate Infections
Principles for the
Use of Intestine in the
Doses of Commonly
Formulas and Conversions
Updates in the 6th Edition
Updates/additions to the 6th edition include:
● NCCN - 2021 guidelines
● AUA - most recent guidelines
● EAU - 2021 guidelines
● Many other recent guidelines including CDC, WHO, Infectious Diseases Society of America (ISDA),
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST), American College
of Radiology (ACR),
European Society of Urogenital Radiology, American College of
Obstetricans and Gynecologists,
International Continence Society (ICS), etc.
● Updates and addition of landmark studies.
● New medications: Jatenzo, Vibegron, Lumasiran, Relugolix, jelmyto,
PARP inhibitors (Olaparib, Rucaparib),
PDL/PDL1 inhibitors (Pembrolizumab, Erdafitinib), etc.
● Updates of all flowsheets and diagrams to reflect the most recent
guidelines and data.
● Update on Bozniak classifiation
● PET/CT information including flucyclovine and PSMA.
● Expanded section on MRI, including MRI guided prostate biopsy, MRI for cancer surveillance, etc.
● Expanded on genetic risks for the various cancers, somatic & germline tests, and testing guidelines.
● More info on molecular testing for prostate cancer: decipher, oncotype dx, prolaris, etc.
● Newest studies on salvage and adjuvant XRT after RP for prostate cancer
● Newer BPH treatments (acquablation, resume, etc).
● Updates and additions to almost every chapter.
Urology, Sixth Edition - Copyright 2021 by Jeff A. Wieder.
All rights reserved.
This website was last updated July, 2021.